Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone email problem-has anyone had a problem caused by the VPN app, Hotspot Shield?

Has anyone had an iPhone email problem associated with the VPN app, Hotspot Shield?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:42 PM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2015 10:02 AM in response to KiltedTim

I just want to make a record for the Apple Community. After installing Hotspot Shield on my iPhone 5, I developed a host of email problems including erratic reception and recurrent failures to send emails. I called Apple Support and, after standard repair measures failed (like deleting email accounts and reinstalling them) was advised to try deleting Hotspot Shield.

Removal of Hotspot Shield was unexpectedly difficult (simple deletion of the icon that works with other Apps did not suffice). With the help of Apple Support, the Hotspot Shield app was finally eradicated. The result was that all the email problems disappeared.

Again, I just wish to make this record of iPhone email trouble clearly caused by Hotspot Shield available in case someone else runs into the same problem. I did not contact Hotspot Shield but the point is that I began with an email problem that was mysterious to Apple Support and we finally traced it to a recent installation of Hotspot Shield.

iphone email problem-has anyone had a problem caused by the VPN app, Hotspot Shield?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.