Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus camera not focusing

I updated my iphone 6 plus to ios 8.1.3 and now camera will not auto focus, is Apple aware of this as I have heard others are experiencing the same as well. Anybody else having the issue?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 2:17 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 2:45 PM in response to jeremy011

i am having the same issue on my sons iPhone 6 plus. I have an iPhone 5. We are both on the same firmware (8.1.3) and the issue is only present in his phone. Its not only makes images and video blurry, but it also makes them wobbly. I have done some research on the topic and many other people are complaining about it. From what i can see is that this could likely be due to a hardware defect in the new optical image stabilization (OIS) that is present on the iPhone 6 plus camera to make shots clearer and make videos more stable. Unfortunately it is just making matters worse. What i am planning on doing is taking the iPhone the the Apple Store or Peach Mac to see if they can replace the phone or fix the issue. I recommend that you make an appointment at an apple store and go and see what they can do about it. Oh and don't forget to backup your iPhone before you take it in to ensure you do not loose your data. Hope this helps.

Iphone 6 plus camera not focusing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.