Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost all PC iTune files, how do I load back from iPad to windows PC?

My daughter by accident rest my windows PC to factory settings and deleted all files. How do I load music back from iPad Air to iTunes on my windows 7 PC? Have reloaded iTunes.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 1:26 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Mike861

You should be able to re-download any songs purchased from the iTunes Store, and/or others if you subscribe to iTunes Match. Otherwise there is no built-in method to restore your library content from an iOS device - turingtest2's user tip on Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device lists some of the third-party software tools that may be able to do this.

Lesson learned - always create and maintain a backup of any/all data that has value to you, including your iTunes library.

Mar 2, 2015 1:51 PM in response to Mike861

An iPad is not a backup device ... USB hard drives are cheap. Do you also expect Microsoft to magically restore all your MS Office documents if you fail to back them up? Apple do not offer a "free facility" for this, but if your library has less than 25,000 songs (excluding Store purchases) you can subscribe to iTunes Match for $25/year.

Lost all PC iTune files, how do I load back from iPad to windows PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.