Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I add one item to my iPod without erasing/overwriting what is already there?

I have an iPod on which is one recorded book.

I want to to add two podcasts that I downloaded to iTunes on my Macbook Air.

How can I copy the two podcasts from the Macbook Air to the iPod WITHOUT overwriting/deleting the recorded book?

Thanks,

Hal

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 2:37 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 2:42 PM in response to Halle

When you hook your iPod up to iTunes (first make sure that under the Preferences tab in iTunes>Devices, you have the Prevent Automatic Sync box checked), you can then select the iPod, and go to each of the Device Profile options and turn everything off except for the Podcasts. I sync my photos from my Mac, but everything else from my husband's Mac. It's all in what you select on the profile screens.

Before you do the sync, however, make sure you have saved a current backup to either iTunes (which you can do when you hook up the iPod), iCloud, or both.

Best of luck!

GB

Can I add one item to my iPod without erasing/overwriting what is already there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.