Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign into iCloud on my iPhone 5.

I continue to receive the same message pop-up multiple times a day on my iPhone. It wants to sign into iCloud using my old Apple ID (an email address that doesn't exist anymore). I have read and tried many different suggestions to which none have resolved my problem. Does anyone have any methods that work? Just today I tried to reset my password for the old Apple ID and for some strange reason, the birthdate that I entered they say is wrong, so I can go that route. And then in order to delete the id from my phone, I have to have the password. Which I thought I knew what it was, but apparently I don't (plus it says the Apple ID or password is incorrect). I am guessing it realizes that Apple ID isn't valid anymore? So, I can't sign in and I can't sign out AND I keep getting a pop up that it wants me to sign in. Please help! How do I change my Apple ID for accessing the iCloud? Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:02 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 6:13 AM in response to shanewc86

Hi, shanewc86.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are being asked for your old iCloud account password constantly. You have tried most of the relevant steps that I could recommend already. However, try going through the remainder of the troubleshooting steps in the first article below. If the issue persists, see the second article.

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID

-Jason H.

Can't sign into iCloud on my iPhone 5.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.