Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing email accounts on one computer but not wanting to remove on all computers on the same network.

I have a MacPro desktop and a Macbook Pro. I would like to remove my apple email account from the Macbook Pro but do not want to take the chance of losing the same account on my MacPro desktop. They use the same internet connection and network. Can I just remove the apple email account on the Macbook Pro? Both computers are using OSX 10.9.5.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Time Machine

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 6:20 PM

I'm assuming the account is IMAP. You can safely remove any IMAP account and all data will be left on the server for other devices.

When you check to disable, the account will simply gray out and no longer connect.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Removing email accounts on one computer but not wanting to remove on all computers on the same network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.