Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virgin superhub compatibility issue and wifi passwords

This is my first ever post but I thought it important to share may experiences and also maybe get an answer.

I have had an IPAD Mini for 2 years now and about 2-3 weeks ago the wifi stopped working. I cannot tell if this started as a result of a software upgrade.

Equipment

IPAD MINI model MD528B/A with IOS 8.1.3

Router: Virgin Superhub

Problem: When I try to connect to superhub (router), it states "password incorrect" even though it is.

Things I've tried

1. Connecting to another wifi network - works

2. Connecting to another superhub - DOES NOT WORK

3. Tethering to a phone - works

4. Resetting router to factory - no effect

5. Changing superhub wifi password and then back again - no effect

6. Creating an alternative SSID on the superhub - no effect

7. Disabling encryption and re-enabling - no effect

8. Resetting ipad network settings - no effect

9. Resetting ipad to default factory settings - no effect.

Conclusion.

Cant be fixed as far as I can tell using settings etc

I think its a compatibility issue with the superhub, possibly as a result of an IOS upgrade but seems to be specific to the ipad mini as my iPhone 6 on the same software version is OK. I believe this is the case as my ipad would not connect to another superhub at a friends house but will connect to anything else. All my other devices connect OK to the superhub as well, including my IPhone 6 on IOS 8.1.3, ipods PC's etc etc

Possible fix

I've ordered the Superhub 2 from virgin. Its due this wed. If it works, I'll let you know.

If anyone has any other ideas other than what I've tried, please let me know.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 6:15 AM

Hi tonyfromstockton-on-tees,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your current router is having issues connecting with your iPad. You have done a great job isolating the router for this connection issue already. The attached article describes recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers; if you have not already, I would suggest adjusting your router settings to match the article.

iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 6:15 AM in response to tonyfromstockton-on-tees

Hi tonyfromstockton-on-tees,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your current router is having issues connecting with your iPad. You have done a great job isolating the router for this connection issue already. The attached article describes recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers; if you have not already, I would suggest adjusting your router settings to match the article.

iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Mar 6, 2015 7:16 AM in response to tonyfromstockton-on-tees

Well guys

Thanks for the suggestions etc. I did try and play around with various settings for a while, but no luck. I gave up in the end. You shouldn't need to spend hours playing with settings on something that did work and should work almost instantly without any problems.

The Super hub 2 arrived on Wed. I installed it on Thursday and within 15min ALL my devices were connected, including my IPAD.

Problem solved

However the reason for original connection problem has and will probably now never be explained.

virgin superhub compatibility issue and wifi passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.