Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Photo Stream does not sync to my windows PC

I have been using My Photo Stream for a couple of years. Starting about a month ago, My Photo Stream stopped working. The Shared folder is still updated, but My Photo Stream has not updated since January. I can see the pictures in icloud.com/#photos, but they do not sync to iCloud on my PC unless I share them on my iPhone.

I have tried logging out and logging in, uninstalling and reinstalling iCloud, and pointing iCloud to a new folder (c:\Photostream) but still will only download Shared Photos.

Coincidentally, this problem with My Photo Stream started about the same time that I signed up for additional iCloud storage for $0.99 per month.

I am using a windows 7 PC, service pack 2 with all updates, iCloud 4.0.2.

icloud-OTHER, Windows 7, iCloud for Windows

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:40 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 10:09 AM in response to sfSam111

I've tried this and it works...kinda.

1. Open Task Manager (ctrl, alt and delete) and end ApplePhotoStream.exe and AppltPhotoStreamDownloader.exe if they're running.
  2. Go to your Users folder and navigate to the following path: C:\Users\{Name}\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MediaStream\
  3. Delete everything in that folder.
  4. log out of icloud, and then log in and re-activate the photos option
  5. it should start downloading again your photos

The problem I continue to have is that it seems to temporarily fix the problem, and then I have it again after I reboot. But the only thing I have to do is uncheck the Photos box in iCloud Control Panel, hit apply, and then check the box again and hit apply. Once I do this it goes back to normal. It's a pain in the butt to have to repeat this each time I reboot. Wish it would just stay fixed.

My Photo Stream does not sync to my windows PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.