Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Running Slow and Not Loading Websites.

Hi!

I am running a MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2009) with Yosemite 10.10.2

I'm having issues when I go to websites where it will only half load them and then give me the color wheel for that page. It allows me to go to some websites like facebook and twitter but if I try to go to uproxx.com or fark.com it freezes up. I've updated my flash and java to the current ones and cleared out my history and cookies.

I don't know what else to do and I'm growing frustrated.

Please help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 5:09 PM

1. From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Extensions

Turn all extensions OFF and test. If the problem is resolved, turn extensions back ON and then disable them one or a few at a time until you find the culprit.

2. Select

Safari Preferences... Privacy Remove All Website Data...

and confirm. Test.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 5:09 PM in response to DavidSears1982

1. From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Extensions

Turn all extensions OFF and test. If the problem is resolved, turn extensions back ON and then disable them one or a few at a time until you find the culprit.

2. Select

Safari Preferences... Privacy Remove All Website Data...

and confirm. Test.

Apr 21, 2015 2:04 PM in response to DavidSears1982

I had this problem for several months after 5 years of trouble free Safari experience. The problem is reported on the web going back at least 5 years. I tried every remedy suggested in the many discussions, and finally I backed up all of the files I needed and reinstalled 10.10.3, with a little excellent help from Apple support. It's been about a week now, and the problem has not reoccurred even once, I am back to quick downloads and a very satisfactory Safari experience. I do not know what was causing the problem, but reinstalling the iOS solved it.

Safari Running Slow and Not Loading Websites.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.