Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a ZAGG keyboard for my ipad Mini 2. both are brand new. the ipad says connected to the keyboard's BT but it does not work. Is the iPad or Keyboard defective?

Basically, the keyboard connects but then after sometime of not using it, the iPad would confirm BT connection, but the key strokes do not register to the iPad. My problem is whether the iPad is defective or the Keyboard is. It is iPad Mini 2 w. Retina, and ZAGG BT Folio Hinged Keyboard

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3, ipad mini 2 w retina

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 3:46 PM

4 replies

May 15, 2018 11:27 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hey Barry - thank you for taking the time to answer.

Yes immediately when I encounter this problem, which has been 3 times within 24 hours - I go to settings. Upon doing so, I see that the iPad still shows confirmation that the connection is still there. So I am confused to why this is happening. ZAGG manual says I can keep the BT on 247 and if the Keyboard sleeps, just stroke a key and will wake up. But sometimes, it does not wake up lol. To fix this connection I have to switch it off and reset the process. Is it the iPad's BT connectivity that is the problem?

May 15, 2018 11:27 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hmm,

Yes I appreciate your advice. Like beyond the occasional reconnection issue, it works great. But I would much rather have it working 100% instead of 95%. You are saying that you sometimes have to reconnect after non-use? I just soft reset my iPad, I will leave the iPad alone for a few hours and see how it works. Thanks again.

I have a ZAGG keyboard for my ipad Mini 2. both are brand new. the ipad says connected to the keyboard's BT but it does not work. Is the iPad or Keyboard defective?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.