Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep getting errors that Disk Space is full when it is not

This past week I have had problems with my mac. It started last week when it stopped letting me save files to my hard drive along with running very slow. I still had around 100gb left on my drive at this time. I checked my disk through disk utility and all was fine. The problem persisted and because I have projects due this week I went ahead and backed up my important files and wiped my drive and reinstalled OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5. The problem still persists and applications are hit and miss at opening. When I try to save a file I occasionally get the disk space error. When I try to install bundled applications such as Illustrator or After Effects they always fail. I installed clamx to see if there was any vicious malware, clams would not update its virus definitions and would always fail when attempting too. I finally got it to update and the scan found nothing. I went to disk utility and when I verified disk I got "Problem with EFI partition" I repaired the disk and still issues persist. The Macbook Pro is only a year and 3 weeks old. I had to use a friends computer to post. Any help would be greatly appreciated here.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 5:52 PM

1 reply

Mar 2, 2015 8:07 PM in response to bam5

The Macbook Pro is only a year and 3 weeks old.

If you purchased Apple Care before your one year standard warranty expired, call them. If not, call Customer Relations. Let them know that you are just 3 weeks past your standard warranty. See what they can do for you in getting your computer fixed for free.

Apple Customer Relations (800) 767-2775.

User uploaded file

Keep getting errors that Disk Space is full when it is not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.