Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone says storage is full but isnt?

Hi, so my iphone 5s says that the storage is full all the time, even though when i added up the values of my used storage I should still have 4GB left. I have 2.8 GB of photos and the biggest "space taker" other than that is music with 136 MB and facebook with 80.3 MB of data. Also, when it says the storage is full my whole phone messes up. when i try to open any of my apps (apple apps, not things like facebook etc) all crash, especially messenger. When i try to send a message ill start typing the message and the send button will stay grey, and if it does let me send it, it fades the conversation and deletes the contact name from the top. Ive tried resetting it and restoring it and its all updated, so any other ideas? the warranty just ran out at the start of february and this started about a week after that. any ideas?? also, about 20 minutes ago it said i had 1.2GB of storage and now is says I have 0 bytes? Sorry Apple I think im switching to samsung for my next upgrade.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 7:25 PM

12 replies

Mar 10, 2015 9:47 PM in response to jasanua

So, is that what you were expecting? If not, then look at the items listed below to determine what you want to remove to free up more space. You can also hook up your device to iTunes on the computer you sync with to see if you are having any issues with a large amount of memory being take up with "Other". If you find that more than a GB or two listed as Other, you should take a look at this User Tip:

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Cheers,

GB

Iphone says storage is full but isnt?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.