Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redirecting texts from an old phone number to a new phone

Hi. I have just purchased an iPhone (model A1533...maybe it's a 5S?) running iOs 8.1.3. It is connected to the Telus network. I had an iPhone 4S previously and had the number of that old phone ported over to the new phone. I am having trouble receiving texts on the new phone but at the old number (the one I would like to be my ONLY phone number). How can I do this? Also, how do I disconnect the phone number Telus gave me with this phone from iMessage so that the only way to text me would be through the old number that I'm carrying over?

THANKS!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 6:51 PM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 7:03 AM in response to Jstardom

Hello Jstardom,

If you are having issues receiving texts or messages on your ported phone number (as opposed to the new number that came with the new phone), you may want to check and verify which number or numbers are currently listed under You Can Be Reached by iMessage At, as outlined in the following article:

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

If you continue having issues, you may also find the troubleshooting outlined in this article helpful:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Redirecting texts from an old phone number to a new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.