Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reinstall of Yosemite and error ( 2006F )

Hello. I tried to clean reinstall of Yosemite, but something went wrong and i got a flashing folder with a question mark. when i press cmd+r i get the globe spinning, but after seconds i got an error ( 2006F )

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 10:50 PM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2015 7:15 AM in response to kamide

Hi kamide,

I understand that you are seeing a flashing folder when attempting to restart your computer after an attempted OS update. Here is an article for you that deals with this issue and can help you address it further:

A flashing question mark or globe appears when you start your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204323

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

Oct 20, 2015 12:38 PM in response to kamide

This is how I had to fix this.... I had to find a PRIVATE network (off-campus)... I finally was able to use my personal iPhone and setup a HOTSPOT and got an internet connection with the password I setup on the iPhone... I was then able to start / complete the Internet Recovery without getting the -2006F error. I did have to recreate the PARTITION on the internal hard drive on the MacBook Pro. I was able to re-download Mavericks via the Internet and reinstall the OS X Mavericks. -- Royce

reinstall of Yosemite and error ( 2006F )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.