Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes wont install, 'error occurred before installation' Tried everything, help!

ok I tried to avoid asking and fix it myself but it just wont work.

I've fully uninstall all parts of itunes, just like it says in the support site here, and in the correct order

I've deleted every bonjour, apple and ipod folder (and/or anything to do with apple) from my computer

restarted

failed

downloaded from internet explorer

failed

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I'm at my wits end 😟

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 10:53 PM

7 replies

Mar 3, 2015 9:36 AM in response to Zoraluv

Turingtest2's notes on Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates cover just about all the possible options and steps for cleaning up a prior iTunes installation before trying to install a new version. You'll also find links to current and recent versions of iTunes - if you have no success with the current release (12.1.1.4) it may be worth trying the alternative "for older video cards" installer, or rolling back to a previous release.

Itunes wont install, 'error occurred before installation' Tried everything, help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.