Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting security

I Am seeing a lot of not seeing the link to reset my security questions. One person says I haven't set up a rescue email. I have. Still no joy on the missing link.

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 12:11 AM

If you aren't getting the reset link on the Password & Security section of your account on http://appleid.apple.com then you don't have a rescue email address (an alternate email address is different), and you won't be able to add one until you can answer your questions - you will have to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset.

Contacting Apple about account security : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

When they've been reset you can then add a rescue email address for potential future use : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Or you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 12:11 AM in response to donaldfromsan diego

If you aren't getting the reset link on the Password & Security section of your account on http://appleid.apple.com then you don't have a rescue email address (an alternate email address is different), and you won't be able to add one until you can answer your questions - you will have to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset.

Contacting Apple about account security : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

When they've been reset you can then add a rescue email address for potential future use : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Or you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

Resetting security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.