Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't i access my Apps that I downloaded through iTunes. I believe I'm doing something wrong and not that the issue is iTunes itself

Occasionally ill try downloading an App through my Macbook Pro 13.5 & it directs me to iTunes to be downloaded. So, I go to iTunes and download the App I need. For instance, Amazon. I go into 'My Apps' in iTunes and try clicking on one of my DL Apps, but nothing happens. Why can't I access the Apps, which I downloaded through iTunes.?I believe I'm doing something wrong and not that the issue is iTunes itself. I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.1. I am due for an upgrade from that software and also an upgrade for iTunes as well, but that shouldn't be the problem. I've tried everything on my end to troubleshoot. I don't really have the time during the day to call in and troubleshoot, so thats why I'm asking the community. Please help with this problem if anyone can. Thank You!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Need help accessing iTunes apps

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 8:40 PM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2015 8:48 PM in response to madjack712

Once you download an iOS app, you cannot run that app from the computer. That can only be run from an iOS device. You cannot download Mac Apps from the iTunes App Store, those are downloaded from the Mac App Store. Two different places. If you want a Mac app that will run on your Mac, you need to download that from the Mac App Store. iTunes App Store only has iOS apps that work on iOS devices, iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

Why can't i access my Apps that I downloaded through iTunes. I believe I'm doing something wrong and not that the issue is iTunes itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.