Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari and PDFs

Safari will not open pdf files. I have 8.1.3 and this is still an issue on my phone and tablet. It will not allow to open Safari files in iBooks either. Is there a solution?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:06 PM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2015 7:04 AM in response to Dslll

Hi Dslll,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to open PDF documents on your iPhone. There are two different ways you can open PDF documents on your iOS device. The attached article explains how you can open PDFs with iBooks from an email or sync the PDFs to your iOS device from iTunes. Please use the attached article for further reference.

iBooks: Viewing, syncing, saving, and printing PDFs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Mar 4, 2015 12:26 PM in response to AppleJoe

Hi Joe! Thank you so much for responding. The problem I am having is when a website has a pdf, I wish to read. I click on it and it launches a new tab in Safari. It quickly asks if I want to open in iBooks but it will not launch iBooks if I click on that option. Then I'm left with a blank gray screen. All of my devices are doing this. Is there a fix? Thank you so much in advance. I've been having this issue since ios 8.0 software. It always worked before then.

Safari and PDFs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.