Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use iPhone 6 in other countries which is purchased in China?

Hey there everyone! I want to know if I can use my iPhone 6 bought here in mainland China in other countries? Will there be 4G issues or network problems? Thank you!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 12:48 AM

If the phone that you purchased in China is unlocked, then yes, you will be able to use it, but if it is locked to a Chinese carrier, then no. If it is locked and you are travelling you will have to use the international roaming feature from your carrier.

If on the other hand you phone is unlocked, then you can use local sim cards in the phone, but you probably will not be able to get 4G reception, due to the frequency differences between countries. The phone will work, but possibly not on 4G everywhere and there will be nothing you can do about that. That is why different countries sell different models of iPhone to match their networks and why iPhone warranty is NOT international, but country specific.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 12:48 AM in response to nj0224

If the phone that you purchased in China is unlocked, then yes, you will be able to use it, but if it is locked to a Chinese carrier, then no. If it is locked and you are travelling you will have to use the international roaming feature from your carrier.

If on the other hand you phone is unlocked, then you can use local sim cards in the phone, but you probably will not be able to get 4G reception, due to the frequency differences between countries. The phone will work, but possibly not on 4G everywhere and there will be nothing you can do about that. That is why different countries sell different models of iPhone to match their networks and why iPhone warranty is NOT international, but country specific.

Mar 3, 2015 1:01 AM in response to Ethmoid

Thank you so much Ethmoid!

Now I know.... my colleague just bought this Japan version of her iphone 6 and made some tweaks and enabled her 4G. I dont know how it works or if you are aware of this process.... we all know that 2G ***** big time, the same with 3G signal of network for internet surfing. so i am wondering if im gonna have iphone bought in china, would i be able to enjoy the 4G coverage of other countries... phew! 😟

Can I use iPhone 6 in other countries which is purchased in China?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.