Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just updated with the Motion supplemental content, ver. 1.1, which says "This update includes the following motion 5 content enhanced for the Macbook Pro with Retina display:" I have animal, is there something in this update I will be able to use?

Hi,
just wondering if I should have updated with the ver. 1.1 Motion supplement, which is over 1 GB, (I want to save space), since I'm not entirely sure if it's only meant for a Macbook Pro. I only have an iMac, and have no intention of getting a Macbook.
The update states: "This update includes the following Motion 5 content enhanced for the Macbook Pro with Retina display...."
So, I'm basically wondering if anyone knows if this update includes anything that can also be used on an iMac as well, and is 'not' only specifically just for a Macbook Pro.
If it is only for a Macbook Pro, is there anyway to delete this new update if it doesn't do anything on my iMac? Obviously I wouldn't be using it, and it would only be taking up space and slowing things down?
However, if there are new things on the update I can actually use on my iMac, then I'm happy to keep it.
Thanks all!

Motion 5, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), I have a 2012, 21" iMac.

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:41 AM

The higher resolution content will help out on any Mac, making your work better resolution/export quality.

2 replies

Just updated with the Motion supplemental content, ver. 1.1, which says "This update includes the following motion 5 content enhanced for the Macbook Pro with Retina display:" I have animal, is there something in this update I will be able to use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.