Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can u tell your phone is charging when its off

i just got a new I phone 6. how can u tell when its off when its chargin? does a light come on

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 10:52 PM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2015 5:55 AM in response to TexasSweetAngel

I just posted a question similar to this. My iPhone 6 will not charge when it is powered off. When I had the iPhone 5, when it was powered off but charging, you would see the battery icon the whole time the phone was charging. It would be a big battery icon in the middle of the screen. Again, this is when it was powered off. Now, I can't power off and charge (or at least I'm not seeing the battery icon like I used to see with the iPhone 5). Is this normal? Or is something wrong with my phone?

Mar 3, 2015 7:02 AM in response to wjbgirl

wjbgirl wrote:

I just posted a question similar to this. My iPhone 6 will not charge when it is powered off. When I had the iPhone 5, when it was powered off but charging, you would see the battery icon the whole time the phone was charging. It would be a big battery icon in the middle of the screen. Again, this is when it was powered off.

No, it wasn't powered. Off. It turned on when you plugged it in.

how can u tell your phone is charging when its off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.