Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I update O/S to Yosemite?

Running a Desktop Pro with 2x 2.4Ghz 6 core Xeon with 32 gb and wondering if its time to go to Yosemite. Got a new mac Air laptop and its running my main programs, Office 2011 and Adobe cloud that I am tempted to update.

Anyone got any horror stories or success stories they want to share before I hold my nose & plunge in? I learned to not be in a rush at every new update, so my gut say do it, Magic 8 Ball states, "Its Unsure." I usually trust it to guide me. Looking forward to any and all help...

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 256GB SSD, 32GB Ram

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:19 PM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2015 8:28 AM in response to Chris Winkler1

It runs fine on our 2 computers. One option is to create a new partition (~30- 50 GB), install the new OS, and ‘test drive’ it. If you like/don’t like it it, you can then remove the partition. Do a backup before you do anything. By doing this, if you don’t like it you won’t have to go though the revert process.

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Should I update O/S to Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.