Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot restore my iphone 5. I tried many times but still it didnt work,

IOS 8.1.2

I cannot restore my I phone 5, I went to apple retailer in the Philippines they told me that I must go to Hongkong or Singapore because that is the only place there is an apple store. Can you help me to reactivate my i phone 5. When this phone having problem for not updating the IOS and not working with the sim card. I try to erase all content and settings, and when I start to restore it cannot continue, It always said The Iphone "Iphone" could not be restored. An Unknown error occurred (1). Ive tried so many times until today but still not working. Please give an advice. Or should I cah

<Personal Information Removed by Host>

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2, null

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 2:09 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 5:19 AM in response to jin_sean

It sounds like your phone needs to be restored to complete the unlocking process. The device is unlocked, so restoring it in iTunes on a computer will be your best option. To avoid the error occurred message you will need to do a factory restore.

You can restore the iPhone by completing a DFU restore.

DFU Restore:

1. Connect your iPhone to a computer with internet connection

2. Open iTunes

3. Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home buttons simultaneously for approximately 9-10 seconds

4. When the screen goes blank, release the Sleep/Wake button and continue holding the Home button

5. the screen MUST remain black. If the Apple logo appears while still holding the Home button you did not time it properly (either you released Sleep/Wake too soon or too late)

6. iTunes will pop up with a small window indicating you have connected an iphone in recovery mode and can Restore it to recover it.

7. If the apple logo appears due to incorrect timing the Recovery mode message may still appear in iTunes, but you should simply dismiss it and try again from step 3.

i cannot restore my iphone 5. I tried many times but still it didnt work,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.