Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15 Inch Battery Help!!

I just bought a Macbook Pro 15inch Retina I just have a few questions.

Is it ok for the battery and laptop to use the laptop while it is plugged in? I read somewhere continuously using a laptop while it's plugged in, is bad for the battery.

My battery only lasts around 4 hours, all I do is browse the web on firefox, no heavy apps, is this normal?

My laptop heats up significantly, when I charge it and use it at the same time, is this normal??

Also, is there anyway I can boost battery time? I already have Bluetooth Off, Drive Encryption Off, Screen Light Low etc.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 11:12 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 12:34 AM in response to Gundamzero

Gundamzero wrote:

Is it ok for the battery and laptop to use the laptop while it is plugged in? I read somewhere continuously using a laptop while it's plugged in, is bad for the battery.

You should run the Mac on battery sometimes to keep battery in good health.

Run it on battery until the charge level drops to about 50 to 40% 3 or 4 times a week.

Gundamzero wrote:

My battery only lasts around 4 hours, all I do is browse the web on firefox, no heavy apps, is this normal?

5 to 6 hours is normal.

Gundamzero wrote:

My laptop heats up significantly, when I charge it and use it at the same time, is this normal??

Not normal

Gundamzero wrote:

Also, is there anyway I can boost battery time? I already have Bluetooth Off, Drive Encryption Off, Screen Light Low etc.

Sections: Optimizing battery life

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1446

Macbook Pro 15 Inch Battery Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.