Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reinstall iMovie 10?

i was downloading the older version of imovie so i deleted the latest one. but for some reason the older version couldn't open, and now i have no imovie on my mac air at all. i tried to reinstall it from the Mac App store but when it shows only the option 'Open' instead of Install. How do I reinstall my iMovie? It should be free right? plus i don't have any disc that came with my mac, so reinstalling imovie through the application disc thing is not an option.

User uploaded file

here's what is shows on my Mac App store. since i've deleted iMovie off my mac it should be 'Install' instead of 'Open' but it's not showing that. i tried clicking it but nothing happened. my mac is yosemite version 10.10.2 by the way. Please help me out 😟

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 4:09 PM

good news, i got iMovie back! i just turned the laptop off and left it be for the day and when i used it again i tried going to the apple store (website) and clicked iMovie, which launched the Mac App Store. Instead of 'Open' as the option it became 'Update'. so i tried clicking it and voila, latest iMovie reinstalled on my mac. :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 4:09 PM in response to kuroma

good news, i got iMovie back! i just turned the laptop off and left it be for the day and when i used it again i tried going to the apple store (website) and clicked iMovie, which launched the Mac App Store. Instead of 'Open' as the option it became 'Update'. so i tried clicking it and voila, latest iMovie reinstalled on my mac. :-)

how to reinstall iMovie 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.