Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your system has run out of application memory ...

I'm long time Mac user w/mid 2012 MB Pro, 16 GB RAM, larger HD. My system was running quite well until I recently did the auto upgrade in Mavericks (10.9.5). Immediately following the upgrade the system more or less stalled noting that "Your system has run out of application memory", placing the active applications on pause and dramatically slowing down the system. Ever since that it has not worked which is a major crisis for me and my work. I have tried to restart, which helps the system for about 10 minutes (but still slower), reboot in security mode, plus read all posts I can find about the issue (which are many but with many very different suggestions). I, however cannot see that Apple has addressed this issue. I´ve tried to upgrade to Yosemite but system halts. Please help!!! Are there someone with needed insight for a definite fix for this issue?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 16 GB RAM, about 120 GB on main HD

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 1:47 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 9:20 AM in response to stianfromstavanger

Try running the combo update.

10.9.5 Combo Update

Activity Monitor - Mavericks also Yosemite

Activity Monitor in Mavericks has significant changes

Performance Guide

Why is my computer slow

Why your Mac runs slower than it should

Slow Mac After Mavericks

Things you can do to resolve slowdowns see post by Kappy

Try running this program and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read.

Etrecheck – System Information

Your system has run out of application memory ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.