Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 timezone

I have an iPhine 4 phone (s/n DX4LQJ40DP0N)

Now it has next settings:

iOs ver: 7.1.2

Timezone Moscow

Clock set: auto

So, the issue is in wrong clock value (1H ahead). Scince october 2014 Russia has switched permanent winter time, but iphone 4 clock still shows summer time.

How I can fix this problem without switching to manual clock set. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 1:33 AM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2015 7:35 AM in response to acidlord

Hi acidlord,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like the time being provided automatically is incorrect. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting issues with date and time - Apple Support

Follow these steps. Test after each step to see if the issue is resolved.

1. Ensure that the version of iOS on your device is up to date.
  2. If the option to enable date and time automatically is available, turn it on. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
  3. Ensure that your time zone is set up correctly. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.

If the incorrect date, time, or time zone is being set up automatically on the device, please notify your cellular provider.

Cheers,

Mario

Mar 4, 2015 10:52 AM in response to mario49

Thank you for answer.

Following steps:

1. iOS 7.1.2 - last version for iPhone 4

2. Date Time set automatically is switched on position

3. Time Zone - Moscow (correct).

I'll repeat the issue:

iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 have no problem with automatic date and time settings with the same cellular provider. Only on iPhone 4 clock goes ahead, because it does not support last updates iOS 8 which contains time zone correction made in october 14 in Russia.

What am i asking: is there any possibility to fix this issue by updating iOS software or appling any patches? Will apple plan to release a fix for this issue?

iphone 4 timezone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.