Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flex Pitch Artifacts

I very often having this problem. Whenever I use Flex Pitch to correct vocals tracks it creates lots of artifacts to the vocal. As soon as I change one note, all of the track gets destroyed by FP. I've unsuccessful with my research all over the web. Does anyone have a solution?

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Logic Pro X 10.1.0

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 5:10 AM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 7:09 AM in response to Vini Monkey Studio

My experience is, that with some voices it works and others not so well. If the voice has some rasp or too much background signal is in the recording, it can sound weird.

Workaround for this "destruction": Create another track, cut out the portions, that need corrections and put them to the new track. Route both tracks to an aux and move the plug-ins you need for mixing to the aux.

As an alternative, you might want to try the vocal transformer or the autocorrection. You can create further tracks to try out different methods.

Best,

DaCaptain

Mar 3, 2015 9:16 AM in response to DaCaptain

Thanks for the reply. This would work nice on a good singers. But often I have some "singer-like" that doesn't sing that much in tune and I have to work on pretty much the entire track, even for slight corrections... On Melodyne I manage to work it ok, but the very first thing that dragged me to LPX was the Flex Pitch. Have a good Pitch Correction native on a DAW is dreamy. :/

Mar 5, 2015 12:53 PM in response to Vini Monkey Studio

I think, sometimes it won't hurt to inform the talent about the inadequate ability to perform music. Sometimes, the "artist" isn't ready. But I heard, that clients come into studios expecting everything to be fixed in the DAW. That's a RPITA, of course. At least, try them charging a lot more or offer extra services like a vocal coaching, which is a great experience and helps in situations, where no pitch correction is available, like, hmm, on stage.

Best,

DaCaptain

Flex Pitch Artifacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.