Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini 1 - Brightness lock for my child.

My 2 yr old son have an iPad Mini 1 on iOS 8.1.3, at night when all night are closed he uses this iPad with full brightness that worries me if his eyes are getting effected / weak.

i was wondering if their is some sort of app or restriction which have the feature of locking the brightness section from both (Settings & control Panel) so that i can set the brightness and he doesn't able to change it.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2016 8:32 AM

Go to Settings- > Control Center.

Turn off Access on lock screen.

Turn Off Access with in apps.

This way you can avoid your kid accessing brightness adjustment from lock screen and with in apps.

After turning off the above the 2 settings, the control center will be accessible only from home screen.

This way you can control to some extent. Hope this helps.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2016 8:32 AM in response to Shalina.K

Go to Settings- > Control Center.

Turn off Access on lock screen.

Turn Off Access with in apps.

This way you can avoid your kid accessing brightness adjustment from lock screen and with in apps.

After turning off the above the 2 settings, the control center will be accessible only from home screen.

This way you can control to some extent. Hope this helps.

Sep 26, 2017 2:57 PM in response to Cunnla

Ipad is use by kid in school all the time and also for my son that is autist he does't understand when to stop, we use this device for make him communicate and also he enjoys playing with games.

Apple should and would put restriction on their device since there a lot of kid that play with this.

<Edited by Host>

Mar 3, 2015 3:38 AM in response to Cunnla

i tried to hide the iPad but its no use he keep on asking for it . he have all the game and poem and playing stuff in it , he's quite happy with his iPad. now what I'm worried is only the brightness to be on lower side. i have though and getting a some sort of dark glass protector which might make screen bit dimmer , my first priority is if i can find any app solution or any iOS builtin restriction which fulfill the requirement.

iPad Mini 1 - Brightness lock for my child.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.