Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s will not turn on and will not restore

Hi,

I was using my phone today as normal and it was randomly recording my environment sounds and sending them as audio files in messages to people. I thought this was strange, so turned my phone off and back on again, however it was stuck on the apple logo.

I got home and connected it to my Mac and iTunes would not recognise it until it was in recovery mode. I then prompted iTunes to restore my iPhone, and after downloading the almost 2GB update, iTunes was unable to restore my iPhone. After trying to restore the phone, the Apple logo was shown on the phone however faded in pixels to black this time.

I bought my phone from an electronics exchange store so I am unsure of whether it has ever been jailbroken, however it appeared to had never been used. It is a iPhone 5s, with 64GB storage. It was running IOS 8.1.3 since it had been released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am unsure of the warranty process going through the exchange store.

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 3:03 AM

7 replies

Mar 4, 2015 4:13 AM in response to pierra_bell

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you'll have to get it checked by visiting an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place.

You ca also contact Apple Support to get it serviced. Even if the device is out of warranty, you can buy a replacement from Apple if your are willing to pay the Out-Of-Warranty-Service fee:

Out-of-warranty repair service
If your repair isn’t covered by Apple’s One Year Limited Warranty, AppleCare+, or AppleCare Protection Plan, your iPhone might be eligible for out-of-warranty service. For example, liquid damage isn’t covered by warranty but might be eligible for out-of-warranty service. Some damage isn’t eligible at all, for example if your device has been broken into multiple pieces. See Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for complete details.
Read Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions

Model Out-of-warranty service fee Battery service*
iPhone 6 Plus $329

$79
*available only if battery
fails Apple’s diagnostic test

iPhone 6 $299
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $269
iPhone 4s $199
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G,
Original iPhone
$149

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing and may be less than the service fee listed above. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

iPhone 5s will not turn on and will not restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.