Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone frozen halfway through resetting settings

Hi,

I was having network problems on my iPhone 6, so I was advised to reset the settings.

I did that, but halfway through the reset, it froze. The screen in front of me is the black apple icon and the loading complete at around half. I tried rebooting it (hold the lock and home buttons at the same time). It would restart and then go back to resetting and loading up to half. Then it would freeze. I tried connecting it to the iTunes but I have to put my passcode on the phone for iTunes to have access to it. What can I do to restart my phone without losing any data or media?

Thank you

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 3:57 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 7:55 AM in response to shdashti

Hi shdashti,

From your post I understand that your iPhone will not boot past the Apple logo after resetting all settings. To help resolve this issue I'd like you to please follow the steps below.

If your device gets stuck during startup

When starting up, you might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time, or your device might restart again. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

Get more help

If you still need help after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

my phone frozen halfway through resetting settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.