Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parallels and Premiere CS6 - possible?

Hey guys,

I have a Windows Version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. I know that there's a possibilty of getting a Mac Serial Key if I asked Adobe for a "platform change". But as far as I know an upgrade would be mandatory and I don't want to subscribe to CreativeCloud. So I'm looking for a possibilty to still use my Premiere CS6 for Win on my Mac.

I thought about getting Parallels Desktop and Windows and installing Premiere there. But I'm worried that this simulated Windows might not be fast enough for a software with a high perfomance like this. What do you think?

Thanks for any advice!
Clarissima

MacBook Pro Mid 2012

OSX 10.8.5

2,6 GHz i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

1 TB

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 2,6 GHz i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 4:34 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Clarissima

Hello Clarissima,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are concerned about the performance you would receive running a program through another program. I would recommend that you read this article, one option is to run Windows using Boot Camp instead.

Mac Basics: Using Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support

You can run the Windows operating system on your Mac at native speed—without the performance penalty that comes with software emulation or "virtual machines." Windows applications have full access to multiple processors and multiple cores, accelerated 3D graphics, and high-speed ports and networking such as USB, FireWire, Wi-Fi, AirPort, and Gigabit Ethernet as well as drivers for audio and Bluetooth functionality.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Parallels and Premiere CS6 - possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.