Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Program Mail - problem with zoom

Good afternoon!

I have question about program Mail (ver 4.6 (1085)) which is installed on Mac OS X ver 10.6.8 (MacBook Air).

I have problem with zooming e-mails. When I use key combination "Command-Option-plus(+)" only some of e-mails can be zoomed (making fonts bigger). Unfortunately there are some e-mails which are resistant to this operation. When I use this combination nothing happen. I try to change the size of the fonts in preferences but the effect is the same. When I manually set fonts size to certain value, only part of the e-mails start to display bigger font. Rest of the e-mails remain unchanged. Also there are some e-mails which behave oposite to the settings. When I set the size of the font for example to "48" the font size of particular e-mail gets smaller! When I set the size of the font for example to "8" the font size in the e-mail gets huge!

And one more thing. There are some e-mails which have a lot of text. When I try to use key combination or try to set font size in preferences, only part of the text gets bigger. Some text still remain unchanged.

Do you know the solution of this problem? Why I can't zooming every e-mail equally in the same way? It drives me mad!

Why e-mails behave differently during zoom operation?

Best regards,

Maciej Sidorczuk

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 5:18 AM

1 reply

Jul 24, 2015 1:31 AM in response to aromaty

Have you tried cmd++ (that is the short cut combination for zoom in most applications). It works for me when reading most emails.

Unfortunately it does not work when I am composing a message, which is particularly annoying when I am replying to a note with small text.

The other option is cmd+ two finger swipe up and down which zooms the whole screen, not ideal but always my last resort.

Program Mail - problem with zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.