Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding an email account in Mail

After setting up a new me.com account on this MacBook Pro, I would now like to add it to my list of accounts on my iMac (Yosemite) desktop.

However, when I try to import this account, which is already working, I am told I must manually enter every obscure setting once again. Why is this necessary?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:17 AM

Hi gaginker,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are describing. MobileMe (me.com) was discontinued several years ago during the transition to iCloud. If you had a MobileMe account that was transitioned to iCloud, you should be able to set up an iCloud email account without manual configuration in most cases. You may find the information and steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Do you need these mail server settings?

You can use the mail server settings in this article to manually set up your email app to send and receive email with an iCloud email account. However, you shouldn't need to do that if you meet the iCloud system requirements and can use any of these setup methods:

If you're using the Mail app in OS X Snow Leopard v10.6, use the mail server information in the iCloud Mail setup instructions for Snow Leopard instead of the settings below.

iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients - Apple Support

iCloud: MobileMe subscription

Mail (Yosemite): Set up Mail with your email accounts

Regards,

- Brenden

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 8:17 AM in response to gaginker

Hi gaginker,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are describing. MobileMe (me.com) was discontinued several years ago during the transition to iCloud. If you had a MobileMe account that was transitioned to iCloud, you should be able to set up an iCloud email account without manual configuration in most cases. You may find the information and steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Do you need these mail server settings?

You can use the mail server settings in this article to manually set up your email app to send and receive email with an iCloud email account. However, you shouldn't need to do that if you meet the iCloud system requirements and can use any of these setup methods:

If you're using the Mail app in OS X Snow Leopard v10.6, use the mail server information in the iCloud Mail setup instructions for Snow Leopard instead of the settings below.

iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients - Apple Support

iCloud: MobileMe subscription

Mail (Yosemite): Set up Mail with your email accounts

Regards,

- Brenden

Adding an email account in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.