Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store Updates

I installed OS X Yosemite. After installing, I also updated the iLife apps. However, after installing the updated iLife applications, they reappeared to the App Store asking me to update when I had just finished updating and installing them! How will I get rid of the updates on the App Store? The iLife apps are working perfectly fine when I click on the icons. How will I be able to fix this? Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:00 AM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2015 9:37 AM in response to anonymouspinkpanther

1. Search "This Mac" in the Finder for outdated copies of the app(s) that keep being updated. Delete any you find. Make sure the search scope is "This Mac" or you may miss some.

2. If the search results seem to be inaccurate, rebuild the Spotlight index. If you try to search now, there will be an indication that indexing is in progress.

3. If the above steps don't resolve the problem, back up all data, then quit each app in question and uninstall it by following the instructions on this page. Alternatively, you can drag it from the Applications folder to the Trash, and empty. The data files you created will be preserved. Verify in Spotlight that there are now no copies of the app on your system. Download it from your Purchases history in the App Store.

Mac App Store Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.