Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone/ipod will charge but not connect with my mac.

I bought a macbook pro 13 inch about two months ago and everything has worked smoothly until three days ago.

I went to plug in my old ipod nano (i know, it's old) to sync my itunes, which I have done countless times in this macbook since buying it, and the ipod would charge but it would not show up as a device on my laptop. Since it was charging, I knew the cord wasn't faulty. I restarted my laptop & my ipod but it would only charge, never connect to the computer.

Then yesterday I went to plug in my samsung galaxy s3 so I could download pictures, with the help of the android app, but again, the phone would only charge and never connect as a device on my computer.

Any advice?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 5:30 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 8:08 AM in response to cathyy_l_

Hey cathyy_l_,

That is never fun when your devices do not show up on your Mac. I would start with taking a look at the article below to go over different options to get it to show it back up. Check for updates on your Mac as well as restarting the devices as simple and quick suggestions.

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203979

Take care,

-Norm G.

My phone/ipod will charge but not connect with my mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.