Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When typing an email I need each new sentence to automaticaaly start with a capital letter. At present after a full stop the new sentence automatically starts with a lower case letternot an upper case one

When typing an email new sentences do not automatically start with a capital letter after a full stop.

Surely this should happen automatically without the need for me to touch the capital letter icon.

peter

iPad Air

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:32 AM

10 replies

Mar 4, 2015 9:39 AM in response to peterlesliebabani

peterlesliebabani wrote:

i called apple and the guy i spoke to said it is probably a VIRUS and it will be corrected on the next update!

Either you didn't actually call Apple, and got some tech support scammer instead (calling the first number that pops up on a Google search for "Apple support" can give you some bad numbers), or the Apple tech you spoke to didn't know what he's talking about. It's not a virus.

As for the problem, if you have enabled auto-capitalization and the problem continues, first try resetting your device. Press and hold both the home button and the sleep/wake button for about 10 seconds, until the screen turns off. Ignore the slider that will appear. Release the buttons, then press and hold the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo appears. This is the equivalent of a reboot, and should not affect your data or apps.

If that doesn't help, try restoring your device from backups, and if that doesn't help, restore it to factory settings (ie, do not restore a backup). See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

If none of that helps, the issue is caused by some kind of hardware problem, and the device will need to be repaired or (more likely) replaced.

Mar 4, 2015 12:38 PM in response to peterlesliebabani

peterlesliebabani wrote:

i have only had the air2 for 5 weeks!!!

Contact AppleCare using one of the options in the Contact Us link that appears at the bottom right of every Apple web page. Do not use any other means of determining how to contact them. Avoid Google since many of its results will be advertisements or scams.

Telephone support is free for the first 90 days of ownership.

When typing an email I need each new sentence to automaticaaly start with a capital letter. At present after a full stop the new sentence automatically starts with a lower case letternot an upper case one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.