Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail photo from iphoto

Could someone walk me through emailing a photo from iPhoto? I've looked at other discussions and following their 'replies' is not working for me. I'm using iPhoto 9.6, and don't know why my iCloud or gmail address and pw won't work. ty

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:33 AM

9 replies

Mar 5, 2015 4:18 AM in response to LarryHN

I am sending emails from my regular email program without any problem. So for example, if I write a regular email to someone i can send a receive regularly.

It's within iPhoto where I'm trying to send out a photo that I have a problem. Ichoose mail as the email client under preferences as instructed. My account name and password are in there by default I assume, since I see my name in the username setting, and asterisks in the password setting and SSL checked. I assume that iPhoto is merely using the same username and password as my regular gmail account so there would be no reason for it to fail. I only see asterisks under the password name so can't verify what password is being used but it should be using the same as my regular email (gmail) account so I don't know why it doesn't work. Thank you.

Mar 5, 2015 9:08 AM in response to kiteens

In order to try to get iPhoto to email directly from iPhoto go into iPhoto's Accounts preference pane and delete the email account that's listed there. Close and relaunch iPhoto. Go back to the Accounts preference pane and add your email account back. If that fails then you can always fall back to using Mail as the client.

mail photo from iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.