Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As Indian Apple website or store does not customize, can apple ship a customized iMac to India?

I am a graphic designer and I need to buy customized iMac with Retina 5K display with the below specifications:

• 4.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz
  • 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x8GB
  • 1TB Fusion Drive
  • AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB GDDR5
  • Apple Magic Mouse
  • Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
  • AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac - Auto-enroll
  • Accessory Kit

As Indian Apple site or store does not customize, can apple ship this customized iMac to India? Please help, as I as buyer in India is helpless. I don't mind paying extra for shipping but we need to be able to get this facility especially when Apple doesn't customize here.

And when I am the paying the cost, I would rather pay for an upgraded machine as it is for my work.

Please help.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:08 AM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2015 1:36 AM in response to Brett L

Hi Brett,

Thank you for the reply.

But I know apple store for USA does not ship outside the United States, its just that in India, an iMac cannot be customized. So which Apple store in the world customizes and ships to India? That is the big question here.

Because its not right for apple to customise only for certain countries and where other countries are forced to used the base models / products available only in the stores even when we require the higher configured models especially when our lively hood depends on it.

Please help.

Nov 7, 2015 8:03 AM in response to vidhi.jkshah

Hey Vidhi,

I'm having the same problem myself. If money isn't a problem for you, the Apple Reseller store in Select City Walk, Saket, Delhi gave me a quote of Rs. 2,80,000 for the iMac Retina 5k i7 Processor. They will order it from Apple Singapore, and get it shipped to India. They said it would take approximately 8 weeks.

Apart from that, there's the option of flying to Bangkok, Thailand, buying the iMac there and then getting it here. The whole thing would turn out to cheaper than ordering it through the apple reseller (around Rs. 2,30,000) but there is the question of damage to imac when one is bringing it back as a checked-in baggage in an airline.

Lastly, I've read in the news that Apple is opening its own stores in Mumbai and Bangalore really soon, not reseller. They might, and that's a big might, offer the option to customise. But you'll have to wait and see.

Let me know what you do.

Cheers

As Indian Apple website or store does not customize, can apple ship a customized iMac to India?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.