Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is com.apple.mtrecorder.plist

I have a message in EtreCheck that this program com.apple.mtrecorder.plist failed at start up? What is it?

The plist file is there, but I don't see a binary, which according to the plist should be in /usr/local/libexec/mtrecorder

Should I be worried - and should I find it and put it back?

Thanks

Robert

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:14 AM

Are you having a problem that would make you want to run EtreCheck?

I can't comment on a report I haven't seen. Sometimes Apple leaves portions of tools. Are you running some older or beta version? Normally, there should be nothing installed in /usr/local. Definitely Apple shouldn't have anything installed there. Obviously that tool isn't going to run without the executable. There is no reason, from this specific mismatch of plist and executable, to be worried. I don't know if there are other things that merit concern.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 9:14 AM in response to ShanghaiBob

Are you having a problem that would make you want to run EtreCheck?

I can't comment on a report I haven't seen. Sometimes Apple leaves portions of tools. Are you running some older or beta version? Normally, there should be nothing installed in /usr/local. Definitely Apple shouldn't have anything installed there. Obviously that tool isn't going to run without the executable. There is no reason, from this specific mismatch of plist and executable, to be worried. I don't know if there are other things that merit concern.

Apr 20, 2015 9:13 AM in response to etresoft

Thanks. I realised as soon as you said it, that /usr/local was the big giveaway.

You are right of course, so I can happily delete the plist related to it.

Just for the record, I'm running 10.10.2, upgraded through a series of Seed releases. It's running fine, and EtreCheck was used to get a good snapshot of what has been left behind, what wasn't starting etc. All looks nice and clean apart from that one thing.

Thanks for replying, it helped.

What is com.apple.mtrecorder.plist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.