Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I turn off cookies

I have set the privacy selection for cookies to always. I still get cookies installed on my system. What else needs to be done to prevent unwanted cookies being installed?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 8.1.3, cookies

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:50 AM

There are sites which will not at all function without cookies - some banks/financial sites for instance. As far as I know, you cannot avoid them altogether. Using Firefox, I have it set to visited sites, else I'd be prompted to enable them quite often. I go through them once a week or so and weed out everything but my banks' cookies (if I do, they do not allow me to sign in and I have to get a special temp. code over the phone - not worth the wasted time).

In Safari and Firefox, you can delete them all - some will come back anyway.

Also see this older discussion:

Using iMac with OS X Yosemite, Safari 8, cookies reappear when removed in preferences. What needs to be done to stop them reappearing following pressing the remove button?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2015 7:50 AM in response to rel132

There are sites which will not at all function without cookies - some banks/financial sites for instance. As far as I know, you cannot avoid them altogether. Using Firefox, I have it set to visited sites, else I'd be prompted to enable them quite often. I go through them once a week or so and weed out everything but my banks' cookies (if I do, they do not allow me to sign in and I have to get a special temp. code over the phone - not worth the wasted time).

In Safari and Firefox, you can delete them all - some will come back anyway.

Also see this older discussion:

Using iMac with OS X Yosemite, Safari 8, cookies reappear when removed in preferences. What needs to be done to stop them reappearing following pressing the remove button?

how do I turn off cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.