Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer my pictures

I'm trying to transfer my iPhoto library from my old mac to my new mac via an external HD (WD my passport). I had downloaded the iPhoto library upgrader, which leads me to a message that says "Your library can now be upgraded by the current version of iPhoto. Do you want to launch iPhoto?". When I launch iPhoto, it says the photos need to be prepared and leads me back to the instructions to download the upgrader. Hoping someone can help me!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 8:56 AM

9 replies

Mar 3, 2015 3:50 PM in response to Old Toad

Yes, I'm holding them both down. I have tried doing that both ways: 1) launching iPhoto from the prompt the upgrader gives me, which causes the icon to bounce and give me the "library needs to be prepared" message and 2) using the "quit" button from the upgrader prompt, and trying to open iPhoto, which still leads me to the "library needs to be prepared" message. The first aid box does not pop up either way.

Can't transfer my pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.