Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud password request comes on screen and won't cancel or allow log in. other issues before this included flashing screen, safari help line invitation and redirected searches. have done safe reboots with mixed success.

had a new drive installed on my MacBook Pro and since then some problems have come up. at first i'd get redirects on my searches that would often lead to a popup stating Safari had a security issue and I should call a certain number. I guessed that to be Bull and tried to correct the problem myself. Numerous safe boots would clear it for a use or two then back to the redirects again. Now the iCloud password request comes on after startup. it offers two options, cancel or log in. Neither goes anywhere. Is my next option only take in for a service call?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:05 AM

You might have to enter the password a few times before the prompts stop. If you don't actually use iCloud, sign out of it in the iCloud preference pane.

2 replies

iCloud password request comes on screen and won't cancel or allow log in. other issues before this included flashing screen, safari help line invitation and redirected searches. have done safe reboots with mixed success.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.