Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My laptop (macbook air) asked me which library I wanted to open iphoto with but there were no options of libraries to open it with - I had to create a new library and all of my photos were gone.

My laptop said I was running out of space on my start up disk and then I opened iphoto and it asked which library I wanted to open it with. There were no options available so I had to create a new library for my iphoto. None of my photos were on iphoto when I opened it again. The same thing happened with my photobooth - all of my photos have disappeared.

I tried to do alt + command when opening iphoto but it didn't help, however I found some of my photos in the masters folder I found when I right clicked on the iphoto file.

Please help I have all of my photos from the last 3 years on my iphoto!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:38 AM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2015 10:16 AM in response to hbs17

With the amount of information you've provided it's impossible to offer a solution. We can't see your computer so we need to know the details of your problem and setup, i.e.:

• what version of iPhoto are you using?
  • what system version are you running?
  • what fixes have you tried?
  • have you found where is your original library is located? Is there both an Old Masters and Masters folder in it?
  • did you apply any updates or upgrades just prior to the problem occurring?
  • how much free space on your boot drive? It's strongly recommended to maintain a minimum of 10-15 GB of free space for optimal system and application performance.

User uploaded file

Mar 15, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Old Toad

Iphoto version 9.5.1

I have all of the most recent system updates

I have tried using alt + command and recovering all data but nothing has worked

There is only a master, no old master

My computer said it was running out of space and I updated my system then everything disappeared.

There is not a lot of space left

Thank you!

Mar 15, 2015 2:28 PM in response to hbs17

When you are short on space lots of really bad things can happen - how much free space do you have? You must always have a minimum of 10GB - 10% of your disk is better

Probably you will need to free up space or run your iPhoto library on an external hard drive - you may have to restore it form a backup once you have adequate space

LN

My laptop (macbook air) asked me which library I wanted to open iphoto with but there were no options of libraries to open it with - I had to create a new library and all of my photos were gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.