Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to hide app purchases on iTunes 12.1.0.50?

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:11 AM

9 replies

Apr 21, 2015 10:27 AM in response to King_Penguin

I have been hunting for quite some time for this solution. Thank you for posting it.

These are the kind of stupidities that turn me off from Apple. They had a perfectly intuitive way for hiding unwanted apps and abruptly changed it to become more difficult for reasons I will never understand. Furthermore, they never even updated their help pages to advise about the "hidden" X to hide the app. Like I said, I was hunting everywhere to find an answer why I couldn't find the X.

Thank you. . .

May 7, 2015 2:31 AM in response to lclbenjamin

On support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322, this part is correct . . .

Hide your purchases

1. Open iTunes or iBooks on your computer.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  3. In iTunes, choose a content type (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Audiobooks) from the More menu (three dots) in the upper-left corner.
    In iBooks, click iBooks Store. iBooks opens to your purchased books.
  4. On the right side of the apps, click Purchased from under Quick Links.
    User uploaded file
  5. Step 5 on Apple support is where everything goes wrong. There is NOT an "X" anymore as shown on their site.

User uploaded file * * * It used to look like this but not anymore * * *

if you move your cursor over to the same spot where the "X" used to be, your cursor will change to a pointer finger. When you see this change, click on it and you junk will hide!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.