Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete a song

I purchased a song from Itunes (all about the bass) and now want to get rid of it but I can not. I can swipe any other song I have purchased and the delete button appears but not this song...please help, I hate this song

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:28 AM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 10:35 AM in response to bragg27

How does the song show in the Music app on your phone ? If it has the cloud icon against it then it is only in the cloud, in which case you can either hide it from the cloud via your computer's iTunes (hiding and unhiding), or you can turn oft showing of all icloud music via Settings > iTunes & App Store > Music (under the 'show all' heading) 'off'

Mar 3, 2015 10:43 AM in response to bragg27

Try closing the Music app via the phone's taskbar : Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

And then do a soft-reset (i.e. a reboot) and see if it shows, and if it does whether you can delete it, after the phone has restarted : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear.

delete a song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.