Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there away to make playlist keywords persistent?

Is there some way to make playlist keywords persistent?

I very frequently filter my playlists, so I can play a particular artist or album, for example.

This is relatively easy to do by entering filter keywords.

The problem is that when I switch to another playlist (or my library) and return to the

original playlist, the keywords are gone 😟

This feature of "persistent playlist keywords" briefly appeared in the previous version of iTunes (I forget which one exactly),

which I thought was fantastic! Sadly, when I updated to my current iTunes on my Mac (iTunes version 12.1.0.50), this

feature disappeared again.

Couldn't Apple AT LEAST make it a preference item? A check box for "Persistent playlist keywords".

I find it so incredibly annoying to have to reenter these keywords. Please help!

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:01 AM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2015 10:51 AM in response to Chris CA

Hi Chris,

Yes - that's exactly it. I enter keywords in the search box, and they get cleared when I switch playlists.

Ideally I'd like the search box to intelligently associate the search keywords with a specific playlist,

and keep those search keywords when I return to the playlist. Failing that level of cleverness,

just keeping the keywords in the search box would be very helpful. Sometimes I switch to something else,

like a CD that I have importing, or to the iTunes store, and it would be nice if my original keywords persisted.

As I said, this feature (maybe the global persistance variation) was made available in a recent iTunes version,

but then disappeared in the latest version to my chagrin.

--Glenn

Is there away to make playlist keywords persistent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.