Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Message

I receive the message "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" approximately 50% of the time in various applications. Any idea why?

iPad

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 11:56 AM

3 replies

Mar 4, 2015 6:15 AM in response to Margisnu64

If you are referring Safari on an iPad as your post indicates, then the issue is probably either your device is low on memory or safari preferences are bad in some way.

To check if it's memory problems, Go to Settings>General>Usage and look at the section called: "STORAGE". If the "Available" is less than 300-400MB you may need to tap Manage Storage and take a look at the apps that are taking up all your memory. Delete some content from those apps (like photos) or delete a few large apps and restart your device. Then try Safari out.

If that does not work for you, then next up, there's a "Clear History and Website Data" button in the Settings>Safari pane. Try that out and reboot your device before going back into Safari to test.

And last, but not least, if the previous two steps fail, you'll need to reset the preferences for Safari completely. This reset will affect other settings for your iPad as well. It will NOT however erase any of your photos, notes, or content; just reset the settings for all applications to their factory defaults. So, for instance you'll need to reconnect to your wireless network, and reset your volume and brightness, and that sort of thing.

To do so, go to Settings>General>Reset>"Reset All Settings". Your iPad will reboot and you'll need to reconnect to wifi first, then you can test out Safari.

Mar 4, 2015 6:53 AM in response to jaredfs

THanks for your reply. I tried the first two options. I'm not sure how MB compares to GB, but I have used 7.0 GB and have available 5.9 GB. I cleared the History and Website data. No real change. I'm concerned about the ramifications of the last preference--resetting Safari preferences completely. It sounds drastic to me! What say you?

Error Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.