Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem to couple my iPad mini with my iPhone 5S via Bluetooth

Coupling my iPad mini or iPhone 5S (both with iOS 8.1.3) via Bluetooth to other devices (as e.g. my MacBook Pro or the Car-Phone or Audio-system) works fine, but to couple both Apple-products with each other doesn't work. Hmmmm…??

Any help most welcome

Thanx - Gerhard

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:02 AM

The devices are not designed to pair together via Bluetooth. You can pair to the car, but not to the MacBook or iPhone, except for tethering. What is it you are trying to do and we can try to help.

7 replies

Mar 4, 2015 12:40 PM in response to gerhard-wnd

In addition to what Barry provided, you can share some files via AirDrop, but just moving some data between devices is not supported. AirDrop usage is very new. You used to not be able to do any file sharing at all between devices that way. Syncing was the way to do this, and now you can do that either via iTunes, ICloud, or other cloud service.

As far as any other reasoning, like Barry said, that is the design. Why Apple did it would be speculation, which is prohibited by the TOS of the forum, but many believe it had to do with file sharing and copyright issues with music. It was believed this was the reason for the original restriction. Again though, that is not an official response.

Problem to couple my iPad mini with my iPhone 5S via Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.