Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sim installed error

I have an iphone5 its a locked phone n under the process of unlocking. My phone is not reading d sim. Everytime i insert a sim i have to turn on d fight mode. Still d phone shows no sim installed. even though the sim exists!! Is it d sim readers problem!! Help requires:((

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 10:07 AM

11 replies

Mar 6, 2015 12:16 PM in response to Ingo2711

i have got my unlock notification!!! Thing is though i insert a sim (tried with many)my iphone doesnt reads the sim at all!!! Im just able to use the phone as an ipad!!! The process of unlocking seems to take time!! is it because the phone is not yet unlocked??? Or shud i approach hardware service?? I have to always on n off the flight mode n den it shows no sim installed:((

Mar 6, 2015 1:23 PM in response to Dinika01

Follow these steps to set your phone back to factory settings and restore from the latest backup afterwards.

Without restoring you will not be able to use your phone, because iTunes will not look it up in the database of phones to be unlocked.

After your carrier confirms that your iPhone unlock has been processed, go to the next section.

If you have a SIM card from a carrier other than your current carrier, follow these steps:

1. Remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card.
  2. Complete the setup process.

If you don't have another SIM card you can use, follow these steps to complete the process:

1. Back up your iPhone.
  2. When you have a backup, erase your iPhone.
  3. Restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

Get help

Follow these steps if you have any issues or if you see this message in iTunes or on your device:"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."

1. Restore your iPhone to factory settings.
  2. Contact your carrier to verify that the unlock was applied in your carrier's system.
  3. Restore your iPhone from a backup.

No sim installed error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.